Getting listed on directories and review sites is one of the best things you can do for your business. You expand your reach and increase your exposure to people who are actually seeking out your products and services. Yet you may have noticed there are lots of review sites out there. In this post we’ll cover the important ones to be on.
Main Review Sites
First and foremost, you want to get your business on the biggest sites. These include:
Your Google My Business listing is becoming increasingly important, so focus on optimizing your GMB listing to show up in Google and Google Maps searches.
6 More Sites to Get Listed On
However, there are other sites that could potentially draw more customers to your small business. Below are six review sites that, while you may not have considered them before, are worth listing your business on.
Foursquare helps locals to find and evaluate local businesses offering food, drink, nightlife, shopping, and entertainment. It attracts people who are:
- Very active within their neighborhoods and more likely to check out your business in person
- Well-connected socially and willing to promote the businesses they love. As a result, they may tweet or add a Facebook status update about your business when prompted upon sign-in
- Trusted within their sphere of influence and by other users seeking recommendations.
Foursquare’s CRM data not only allows you to keep track of user stats and info, but it also displays such info along with reviews. Badges such as “Been here 25+ times” really lend credibility to the reviewer and draw new customers to you!
Citysearch is a popular city guide to all things food, entertainment, shopping, and pampering. Why list your business on here?
- The mobile app makes it convenient for locals to search for a business like yours. Convenience breeds avid users of Citysearch, which makes it more likely that they’ll eventually discover your business
- You can promote upcoming events on your page, as well as coupons, deals, and more. When coupled with positive reviews, you shouldn’t be surprised to see an increase in visits to your location
- The site’s visitor tracking features allow you to see where they came from on the web, the length of their stay on your page, and so on. With that information, you can optimize your page for the best results, as well as other aspects of your online presence
This site, mainly for home services and healthcare, offers a variety of benefits to small businesses.
- The posting policy eliminates anonymous, low-quality reviews. Hence, the positive reviews you do get are more credible and more persuasive to those in the market for your services
- Angie’s List doesn’t just draw attention to your business but also facilitates business transactions. The Message Center allows for communication with customers and tracking job requests submitted through the site
- Setting up a profile is free. Yet, there’s also the option to become a certified business. This offers additional perks such as increased profile views, better visibility, and leads who are ready to purchase
- The Angie’s List team is always there to give guidance on increasing the exposure of your business
This review site is a great option for businesses in many industries and offers several beneficial features.
- Of course, customers can leave ratings and reviews directly on YellowBot. However, the site also pulls your reviews (and business descriptions) from other sites. The benefit? Your listings will be more robust and more likely to attract customers
- YellowBot has digital consultants on hand to offer advertising advice
Premium members can boost their placement in search, get access to a reputation management system, and add additional content such as pictures and promotional material
An alternative to Yelp, Manta is specifically tailored to small businesses in all sorts of industries. What does the site offer to help small businesses succeed?
- A wealth of educational resources including news, advice, and Manta Academy
- A variety of promotional offers and tools to catch the eyes of potential customers and move them to action
- An optional paid marketing service, which will provide you with reputation management, social media, or Adwords professionals to take the reins for you
Glassdoor is a little different from the other sites mentioned in that it’s designed for job seekers. But that doesn’t mean it can’t still be beneficial in other ways. In addition to attracting top talent that will contribute to the unstoppable growth of your small business, Glassdoor can:
- Make a good impression on potential customers who come across your reviews. After all happy employees usually translate into good customer service
- Provide valuable info that’ll boost in-store visits. Through the pictures, exciting status updates, and review responses on your profile, you can give a glimpse into the kind of business you run
Time to Create Your Listings
It’s great to be listed on well-known review sites such as Yelp. However, there are also benefits to being listed on sites with less competition and, even better, an emphasis on small businesses. Which of the above options caught your attention? Regardless of your answer, one fact remains the same. The sooner you create your listing, the sooner you can start reaping the benefits!
For more help with your online listings, download our free eBook below: