Senior Staff Accountant
W-Systems is looking for a Senior Accountant! Based at our corporate parent’s offices in Quincy, MA this role will provide day-to-day leadership for all finance and accounting related matters for a growing organization.
W-Systems delivers sales and marketing solutions on a foundation of CRM to help customer-facing teams increase revenue and solve business problems. With over two decades of industry experience, we help organize information, create efficient processes and measure results.
W-Systems is a division of UpCurve Inc. and provides solutions around CRM including Marketing, Document Automation, Business Intelligence, Communications, and Cloud Computing. We are Certified Partners of top vendors including SugarCRM, DocuSign, AWS, Act-On, GoldMine, and Amazon QuickSight.
Initially reporting into the VP of Finance the senior accountant will have the following role and responsibilities:
Role & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for month end close, including
- Preparation of accurate Profit & Loss Account Statements and balance sheet
- Flux analysis of actual versus budget and versus prior year
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare dashboards that report on key business drivers that allow senior executives to gauge the overall health of the business
- Supervise and direct day-to-day activities of A/R specialist
- Revenue recognition with an emphasis on determining proper revenue recognition for project based professional services/consulting arrangements
- Develop spreadsheet models to analyze data
- Accounts payable overview – ensure that invoices go through proper approval flow and are coded correctly
- Prepare commission statements and entries for posting into the General Ledger
- Oversee bill runs
- Oversee sales and use tax filings
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are adhered to
- Oversee internal controls and provide recommendations for improvements
- Plays a key role in the annual budgeting process
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- 4+ of accounting experience
- Minimum 5 years advanced Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting