Senior Software Engineer
ThriveHive is seeking an experienced senior engineer to help us design and build rock solid software, including support for killer mobile and web applications. As that senior engineer, you may not have direct experience with everything in our technology stack, but you’re willing to jump in and use your skills and knowledge to make big contributions.
ThriveHive is building cutting-edge apps and services that bring social media firehoses like Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp together to help small businesses grow. Our Perch app is quickly becoming a ‘must have’ app used by over 200K small businesses.
- Help us build cutting-edge apps and services that bring social media firehoses like Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp together to help small businesses grow
- Work with our various front and back-end technologies to develop award-winning features
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to design and plan features/products
- Take ownership of large subsystems to both add new features and also make them better
- Mentor and help other engineers grow via code reviews, design sessions, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies for the team to use
Requirements / Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience working within an Agile team to continuously design, develop, test, and deliver non-trivial software
- Proficient with a few programming languages, relatively deep experience in at least one (among others, we use Swift, Groovy, Java, and Typescript)
- Solid experience with relational and in-memory data stores (we use PostgresSQL and Redis)
- Familiarity with messaging-based systems based on something like AMQP (we use ActiveMQ)
- Solid experience building and/or consuming REST services (we use Grails and SpringBoot for our services)
- Along with back-end skills, we need someone who’s comfortable diving into other technologies if needed – our clients are iOS, Android, Angular
- You are up to speed on building scalable systems and leveraging modern technologies (among others, we use Github, Jenkins, AWS including S3, ELB, RDS, EC2, Redis, ActiveMQ, Cloudwatch)
At ThriveHive, we have an outstanding work environment that supports and encourages all members of our team. We bring together smart, fun, collaborative, and talented individuals to deliver the best results for our customers. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a fun and exciting corporate culture. We have offices located in Boston, Denver, Las Vegas, Manchester, and Quincy. Our Denver office is in the dog/bike friendly Mercantile Square building at 16th and Wynkoop. This office has easy access to all the great stuff in LoDo, with Coors Field, The Pepsi Center, and Union Station just blocks away.