Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
ThriveHive is seeking a Full-time Accounts Receivable Collection Specialist that has 5+ years of AR/Collections/Credit. They will be responsible for handling the collection of customer accounts while ensuring accounts are maintained within acceptable company guidelines along with related tasks. This role will report to the Controller.
- Monitor and collect past due accounts
- Perform customer collection activities daily which will include phone calls and emails
- Research, escalate and resolve account and billing discrepancies that may arise
- Collaborate with sales team, customer service and our customers to resolve payment issues
- Maintain supporting documentation for all disputed invoices
- Manage customer payment methods such as checks, credit card, and ACH
- Address and resolve account credit balances and overpayments
- Review sales orders held for past due balances
- A/R analysis and internal/external report generation
- Maintain collections notes in Excel AR reports.
- Assist in daily billing for all customers and ensures that all tasks are completed for billing.
- Process and apply cash receipts into Oracle system.
- Process credit card transactions for customer invoices.
- Work with customers and other Finance staff to resolve outstanding issues with a focus on over 60 day balances.
- Prepare aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable as applicable.
- Assist with the resolution of any issues that could impact the timely month-end closing.
- Assist in providing required training when necessary.
- Support special projects and mission critical initiatives
- Provide Audit Support
- Other tasks as required
- Proactively supports management as well as the objectives and goals of the department.
- Help establish and achieve regional DSO (day sales outstanding) goals.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 3+ years Accounts Receivable experience
- 1+ years Collections experience
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Salesforce, Oracle
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Able to meet daily and monthly cash and call goals
- Skilled in negotiation
- Billing experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- General understanding of accounting principles
- BS Degree
At ThriveHive, we have an outstanding work environment that supports and encourages all members of our team. We bring together smart, fun, collaborative, and talented individuals to deliver the best results for our customers. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a fun and exciting corporate culture. We have offices located in Boston, Denver, Las Vegas, Manchester, and Quincy. Our corporate headquarters is located in Quincy and is within walking distance from the Red Line and has ample FREE parking!