Accounts Payable Specialist
ThriveHive is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable specialist to serve within its Finance team. This is a key role in ensuring the accurate, timely and coded recording of its expenses, working with the ThriveHive Finance team and its Corporate office which settles expenses. This position will create and enforce policy, assist with accruals, payments and accounting. The best candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and will collaborate well within a cross-functional team to deliver results.
– Review all invoices and pcard transactions to ensure appropriate approvals have been received, & expenses are coded to the correct department & GL account prior to payment.
– Create new departments in both AP & GL systems.
– Maintain files and documentation in an orderly manner, such that invoices are recorded and expensed accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
– Detailed vendor reconciliations including comparison of invoice detail to revenue recorded to ensure proper invoicing to end user customers has occurred.
– Process check requests.
– 1099 maintenance.
– Respond to all vendor inquiries.
– Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
– Assist in month end closing, establishing and recommend / confirm accruals.
– Monitor cash balances and fees paid.
– Review invoices for cash discount potential and payment terms.
– Assist with other projects as needed.
– 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
– High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
– Must have strong work ethics. Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
– Proficient in Excel and Word.
– Concur and an ERP platform such as Lawson / SAP / Oracle experience a plus
– Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
– Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
– Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.