As a business owner, you must verify your Google My Business listing before you can take control of it and make improvements. Verification of your Google listing ensures that changes are made by authorized business owners, managers, or agents.
How to Verify Your Google My Business Listing
Here’s why verification is important
- Verification ensures that your listing shows up in Google Search and Maps.
- You’ll have much more control over your listing. Once you verify your Google listing, you can customize it to accurately reflect what you offer and what makes your business unique.
- You can take advantage of the free promotional opportunities offered by Google with the new features – including posting about offers, events, news and/or promotions.
- You’ll be able to respond to reviews to let the customer know you’re listening. Plus, you’ll also be able to respond to any customer questions posted on your listing.
- Frequent updates of photos and other info are rewarded by Google and help your overall ranking.
For more help with Google My Business, head to our GMB Knowledge Center with free help and how-to articles.
How to verify your listing on Google
Verifying your business on Google is a very simple process. However, the process differs by the type of business and may include:
- Mail verification
- Email verification
- Phone verification
You’ll have to log into your Google My Business account to see which method is available for your business.