For most people, Facebook is much more than a mere rolodex of individuals they want to stay in touch with. Over the years, Facebook has evolved to become a go-to place for news, entertainment, and, events. Public or private, almost all social invitations and information about events is available on Facebook, including events. Here, we show you how you can take advantage of Facebook’s social capabilities to create a Facebook event for your business, just one of many types of Facebook advertising.
How to Post an Event on Facebook
Facebook makes creating events easy. Facebook’s Events feature makes it easy to plan and invite people to all kinds of events, from small events to large public ones. When you make an event, Facebook creates a separate event page for you with a unique link. You can use this link to direct people directly to your event and information about the event. Facebook’s RSVP feature also allows you estimate how many people are coming, plus the event’s page is a great way to keep guests informed on any last-minute changes or details. The event page is also the perfect place to post photos once the occasion is over.
So how do you make an event on Facebook?
Related: Facebook Marketing in 2016
Simply navigate to the “events” tab in the sidebar. There, you will be prompted to enter a title for your event, and a description. In the address space, you can add your event’s location to Facebook, and you can opt to include a Google Maps screenshot of the location as well.
Here’s the process step-by-step on how to create a Facebook Event:
1. Underneath “Favorites” on the left sidebar on Facebook’s main age, select “Events.”
3. A pop-up box will appear. In this box, you will fill out the basics of your event: the title, date, place, time, etc.
You have the option of creating a public or private event. A public event is viewable by all and anyone can RSVP. A private event is visible to only guests whom you specifically invite. The event will not appear on anyone else’s radar.
IMPORTANT: Once you make an event private, you cannot change it to public afterwards. This is to protect the privacy of those who have already RSVP’ed.
Underneath “Host,” you have the opportunity to select which one of your pages or profiles (if you own multiple) will host the event.
From here, you can also add an event photo (which will serve as the cover photo) and an event description. Then just hit “Create” and you’re done!
Need more time? If you select the small down arrow next to “create,” you can save your event as a draft, or schedule the event to be created at a specific time.
How to Create an Event on Facebook App
Facebook’s mobile app has become increasingly more intuitive and easy to use. With the press of a few buttons, you can have your Facebook event up and running—no need for a desktop computer!
1. Open your Facebook app on your mobile phone.
2. Select the “More” icon on the bottom right.
3. Scroll and select “Events.”
4. You will now find yourself on the Events page, which lists all your upcoming events. Tap “Create” in the top right corner.
5. You’ve now reached the Event Creation page, where you will fill out details about your event. Tap the text below “Create Event” to set your event to public or private. Private events are visibly only to those whom you invite.
NOTE: Again, once you create a private event, you will NOT be able to change it to public later. So make sure to be certain of what you want your event to be before you create it.
6. Fill in the details of your event. The description and other miscellaneous details need not be filled out right away—you can always add them later. What you do need, however, is a date and name for your event.
7. You should add a place for your event so attendees know where to show up. Tap “Location,” enter your address your place name in the search bar, and select the best fit.
And that’s it, you’re done! You can always go back to your event to add details, photos, and change any information.
How to Edit an Event on Facebook
Few Facebook events are ready to go right off the bat. Depending on what kind of event you’re running, you’ll likely want to perfect your event’s page so that it is pristine, professional, and ready for public consumption. Thankfully, you can edit your Facebook event at any time. To do so, you will have to navigate back to the Events Page and then to your specific event.
1. Open Facebook’s main page on your desktop browser. On the top left, you will see a list of your “Favorites” (i.e. your most frequently used apps and pages). Select “Events” to go to the Events Page.
2. Scroll down until you locate and select your event.
3. Clicking on your event will bring you to your event’s page. From here, you are able to edit all details. Click the top right to change the cover photo, select “edit” in the top bar to edit main details (time, location, etc.), and select “Add Description” to add or edit an event summary and further information.
Are you ready to post a Facebook event for your business?