It’s no wonder the internet is now the first point of contact between consumers and companies. At a moment’s notice, they can get a list of relevant, nearby businesses simply by typing a word or phrase into Google. That’s convenience at its finest.
When such a search is performed in Google, the results page has three components: paid results, local/maps results, and then organic results. Any of the local/maps listings you see are those of businesses that have a Google My Business listing. It is through this listing that businesses can present their information, increase their exposure, and accumulate reviews from customers. In this post, you’ll learn about the importance of Google reviews as well as how to get more of them to further increase the credibility and appeal of your business.
3 Benefits of Having Google Reviews
The experiences, opinions, and recommendations of others helps online searchers to weed out and ultimately choose companies. Here are three benefits to be had by building a solid stream of Google reviews.
1. Higher Rankings in Local Search
One very important factor that Google considers when indexing is trustworthiness. Various indications of a good or bad reputation are examined. As you probably guessed, consistently positive reviews and ratings influence the search engine’s final determination for the better.
More reputable, trustworthy businesses outrank those who are outright terrible or who don’t have any feedback at all. If you’re among the most reputable companies in your locale, you’ll have much greater visibility and a far better chance of being chosen over competitors.
2. Higher Click-Through Rate
Customers cannot review you without first giving you a star rating. If the majority of your customers are happy ones, this is an advantage. In Search and Maps results, your star rating will show up in your listing along with basic info such as your business name and category, number of ratings, and so on. For more detailed information and to read your reviews, searchers actually have to click on your listing.
How can you get more people to do this instead of scrolling past? Your impressive average star rating is certainly not a bad way to boost your click-through rate! That’s especially true if you have an abundance of outstanding ratings. Remember: the number of ratings is also shown in search results).
The fact is that people trust what other consumers have to say. In fact, many people feel that reviews posted by strangers are just as reliable as personal recommendations. Use that to your advantage!
3. Increased Organic Search Traffic
Often, reviewers unknowingly include two things in their comments that Google loves: your business name and keywords that others may use to find a business like yours. Both of these can help you to rank higher in search results organically.
Surely, you’d agree that it’s well worth it to encourage satisfied customers to offer public feedback. That leaves two important questions, though. One, how can you get people to do this? And two, what does the actual process look like for customers?
How to Get More Google Reviews
There are various ways to, directly and indirectly, encourage customers to share their positive experiences with your brand. Consider just a handful.
- Although satisfied, customers may not think of writing an online review on their own. Asking outright via a post-purchase survey, email or “thank you” page can not only plant the idea in their minds but also get them to follow through
- Use calls to action on your website, in your social media posts or in email series tailored to past or current customers
- Ask vendors and other organizations that you partner with to leave a positive comment. This can show that you don’t simply put on a good facade for customers but that you’re truly interested in solid business relationships
- Acknowledge your customers by responding to existing reviews. This will delight reviewers and show potential customers that you truly value those who do business with you. Not only will they be more likely to become customers themselves, but they’ll also be more inclined to review you afterward, knowing that you’re responsive and accessible
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to motivate your customers. But what must they do to leave feedback for you?
How Can Customers Post Reviews?
After signing into Google and searching for your page on Google+, they’ll need to click on the “Write a Review” button. They’ll then be able to rate your business from one to five stars. Then they can add a comment or even images of your location and offerings, if they’d like. Then, to publish, they’ll simply need to click “Post.”
It’s really quite a simple process, but the benefits are amazing as you now know. The more people you can get to take this simple action, the more you’ll be able to accomplish in the way of business objectives. If you’re not yet placing emphasis on Google Reviews, now’s the time to change that!