All of your best customers will search for your Facebook page, but your target audience isn’t just made up of loyal customers. Your target audience also consists of people who will benefit from your business but who don’t yet even know about it! That being said, it’s important to get the word out about your business, and your Facebook business page can aid in these efforts. This post will cover some ways to promote your Facebook business page so as to enhance your presence, get more followers, and ultimately get customers from Facebook.
Related eBook: Facebook Marketing for Small Business Owners (free download)
How to Get more Facebook Business Page Followers
Promote Your Facebook Page in your Business
If you have a storefront, make sure you have some signs that promote your Facebook page. Let your customers know why they should like you, such as to get special offers, to see new products, to learn about events, etc. You can also print cards with your Facebook address for customers to take home. This will help to generate excitement and awareness of your Facebook page, which can equate to more likes and followers.
Add a Facebook Button to your Website
Adding a Facebook button on your website is key to the promotion of your business and to getting more Facebook followers. Most DIY website builders include the option to link your Facebook page, and Facebook also offers a number of easy-to-use plugins.
Promote your Page on Facebook
Promoting your business page on Facebook is another step you can take to getting more likes and follows. Facebook makes it easy to promote your page to potential customers in your area, for as little or as much spending as you like. Here is how it’s done:
- Go to your Facebook page. Click on the button Promote Page on the left-hand side of your page.
- Facebook creates the ad with images and text from your page, but you can make changes.
- Choose location, interest, age, and gender to match your target audience. You can even target your local zip codes.
- Choose your budget and timeframe. Start with a low budget of $20 and set it up to run for a few days. This will give you an indication of success and allows you to increase the budget or stop the promotion at any time.
Invite Friends and Customers to Your Facebook Page
Another easy strategy for getting more Facebook business page likes and follow is to reach out to your biggest fans— your friends and existing customers. If you have not done so, we highly recommend spending a few minutes to invite your biggest fans. This helps plant the seed for getting your messages out to the right audience.
How to Suggest Your Page to Email Contacts
You can also suggest your page to a list of email contacts in Facebook. Here’s how:
- Make sure you’re logged in as yourself and not as the Page Administrator, in order for the options to appear.
- Open your business page in Facebook.
- Click on the 3 dots and then select Suggest Page.
- Either upload a file of your customer contacts and prospects, or upload contacts directly from your email marketing tool (Facebook will show you the options). Once that’s done, your contacts who are on Facebook can see your page Facebook under Recommended Pages. If your email contacts aren’t on Facebook, they won’t see your suggestion.
Suggest Your Page to Your Friends
To invite your friends to like your Page, select Invite Friends from the same drop-down menu.
- Choose a list or Search All Friends.
- Scroll through your friends and click Invite next to the friends you want to invite.
- The friends will then receive an invite to like your page.
Increase Your Facebook Activity
An active presence on Facebook is a sign of a healthy business to searching customers. When you post frequently on Facebook, you give potential customers confidence and assurance that your business is alive and well, as well as the ability to connect and relate. Increase your Facebook activity and give your audience the opportunity to like, follow, and share.
We understand that posting often to Facebook is time-consuming for your busy business, and it can be tricky to come up with ideas of what to post.
Here are a few ideas of what to post on Facebook to help get you going:
Show Off Your Products
If you’ve got something new and exciting in your store, snap a quick picture and upload it to your Facebook page. Share a few descriptive words about what’s new, and post! Show off your products to let customers know what they can expect from your business.
Share Unique Happenings
If you’ve got daily or weekly specials, post them on Facebook as they are coming up! Share any out-of-the-ordinary happenings to strike up some curiosity and conversation.
Showcase your hard-working staff and location. Customers will be interested in finding out who’s behind the scenes – or who they might meet at your business.
Share Your Good Reviews
Give searching customers a little social proof by sharing a good review here and there. Positive reviews are something to be proud about – so share them if you’ve got them! For more help with online reviews, download our free eBook: The Power of Online Reviews.
Cross-Share from Instagram
Cross-sharing your photos from Instagram is a good way to fill up your feed if you’re running out of posts for the week. Aim for 2-3 posts a week, and share your Instagram photos if you need a filler-post. This also is a good way to let current and potential customers know your business is current.
Announce any Upcoming Events
You may already have an event calendar on Facebook, which is great! Make sure you also create posts about upcoming events for customers who may miss an update or don’t know where to look for your event calendar. Events are always a great excuse to post on Facebook to show you’re active.
Share What Your Business Loves
Share anything your business loves including suppliers, neighbors, employee’s pets, etc. on Facebook with your customers and followers. This is a great way to be personable on social media. Your customers want to relate and connect with your business!
Share a picture at a local event (great real-time marketing) to show you support the neighborhood. Share upcoming local events or news to engage the local community. Maybe even save time and get a little inspiration by seeing what other businesses are posting on Facebook.
Boost Your Facebook Posts
You can also leverage important events, promotions, and announcements on Facebook to get more business page likes and follows. Have you ever tried Facebook Boosted posts?Without a boost, your post won’t make it very far – typically to less than 20% of your audience. With a boost, your posts travel much further. In fact, a boost even lets you reach friends of fans and those who don’t even know about your business yet. It’s quick, easy, inexpensive and very effective. Here’s how to boost your post:
- Start by writing your post.
- Include an image, and make sure the image contains less than 20% text.
- Click on the blue Boost Post button at the bottom of your post.
- Select your audience (fans, friends of fans, or an audience you choose through targeting).
- Set your budget, starting at $5.00.
- Select for how long you want to boost it.
- Provide your payment information.
- Start the boost.
These are just a few ways to amp up the engagement with your Facebook business page and encourage more likes and followers. For more tips on reaching more potential customers through your Facebook business page, download our free eBook below: