Your phone number is an important component of your business profile. It’s not mandatory, but we highly recommend you add it!
How to Add Your Phone Number to Google My Business
Why you should list your phone number
- Consumers may have questions before deciding to visit your business. Make it easy for customers to reach you and get answers.
- Many consumers are searching on their mobile phones. Making a quick call is much easier when your phone number is included directly on your Google listing. Don’t risk losing customers that don’t want to search around for this information.
- Google and other search engines use the phone number to identify your business across the many social, review and listings sites. Use the same phone number across all sites.
How to add your phone number to Google
- Log into your Google My Business account
- Choose Info
- Look for the phone icon and click on the pencil icon to edit
- Add the phone number
- Click Apply
For more help with Google My Business, head to our GMB Knowledge Center
with free help and how-to articles.
Tips for using call tracking
If you’d like to use a tracked number, be sure to set this as the primary phone number. It’s the number that will show on your public listing. It’s critical that you also list your regular phone number as the secondary phone number in Google. By doing this, your regular phone number stays connected to your business data, which is used by search engines to identify your business and collect data.
Google may review the edits. It can take up to 3 days before the changes are published to your listing.