At Propel, we love celebrating our interns! Check out what Client Services Intern Alex has to say about how to make email marketing a success for any business.
Email Marketing: Big Success for a Small Price
Email marketing is a well-known and very effective way to promote products or campaigns. These days, however, email inboxes are packed with different promotions, spam, and personal communications. So how do you make yours stand out?
It is a well-known fact that email subject lines are extremely important, but you can’t just send an email with a great subject line and an empty body.
Here are 6 tips to make your email marketing campaign more effective:
- Send emails only if you have something to say – People receive a lot of emails on a daily basis and have limited time. Sending emails that have no clear value is useless and might harm your campaign.
- Be friendly – Feel free to use a casual tone in your email newsletters. People feel more comfortable reading an informal email. You can use little jokes, idioms, and even fun facts to lighten it up.
- Be welcoming – Creating a welcoming campaign thanking customers for signing up to receive emails can encourage people to pay attention to your company. Letting people know that they are a part of your community, with a good deal attached, will benefit both you and your clients.
- Make it skim-able – Nobody has time to read huge amounts of text. Break up your content into small paragraphs or even bullet points. Headings, sections, and a strong call to action are great ways to keep your reader interested.
- Send people relevant content – To have a successful newsletter, you need to know your recipients’ interests. Keep up with current trends and use demographic data to find out what your audience wants to see from you. Sending relevant content will keep your readers engaged and willing to share it with their friends.
- Be mobile-ready – It’s crucial that your email is designed correctly and works perfectly. 49% of people check their email on their mobile device just seconds after they wake up. If your email doesn’t display properly or cannot be opened at all, your newsletter won’t perform well.
These tips might be obvious for big corporations, but small and family owned businesses should definitely take notes. By putting these tips to work, you’ll make your email marketing campaign more effective and easy to navigate.
Email marketing is an effective and relatively cheap way to reach your customers anywhere they go. And never forget that it is one of the most effective ways of communication in the 21st century!