For many small business owners, growing your social media following is a struggle. There aren’t enough hours in the day for you to get everything done, and social media is often at the bottom of your to-do list. Even when you have time to post, you may not even be sure what to say. Posting hashtags on your social media accounts is an effective way to grow your following and increase your visibility to get your business in front of potential customers.
What are Hashtags?
Hashtags are trackable words or phrases preceded by the pound or hash (#) sign used on social media networks, especially Instagram and Twitter. They are a effective way for the 400 million users on Instagram and 300 million users on Twitter to stumble upon your business.
The reason why hashtag marketing is so popular is because hashtags can be used to group posts based on particular topics. For example, by viewing the hashtag #ALSIceBucketChallenge and taking a quick look back on one of the most viral campaigns in history, you can see countless videos of social media users dumping ice water on themselves for a good cause.
Hashtags, when used correctly, can be an effective way to grow your audience. There are many ways to use hashtags including location-based hashtags, industry hashtags, and custom business hashtags, but perhaps the easiest way to use hashtags is using daily hashtags. By using hashtags for each day of the week, you can increase your brand exposure online.
Hashtags for Days of the Week
One common way of using hashtags is to integrate the days of the week. While these hashtags are fun and can help keep your business in front of new customers. Finding the right hashtag for your small business can be a tough task so we put together 39 hashtags for you to use during the week. Use these hashtags to spice up your Instagram and Twitter accounts and get found by more customers.
Hashtags for Monday
Use these hashtags to engage with your audience on Monday. Make sure that you’re using hashtags appropriately by only using hashtags that fit your business or photo that you’re posting.
- #MarketingMonday – Use this hashtag to talk about marketing
- #MondayBlues – Missing the weekend? Use this hashtag with photos of coffee
- #MilitaryMonday – Show your patriotism and support of the military using this related hashtag
- #MotivationalMonday – Get a good start to your week to motivate people with quotes and photos
- #MusicMonday – Showcase the musical talents of your employees or your customers
- #MondayMemories – Talk about your favorite memories from the early stages of your business
Note: For many of these hashtags (like #MotivationalMonday), you can reorder the words as well (i.e. #MondayMotivation).
Hashtags for Tuesday
- #TransformationTuesday – Showcase before and after photos related to your business including remodel photos for a contractor, hair photos for a salon, or fitness photos for personal trainers
- #TrendyTuesday – Exhibit how your business is keeping up with pop culture trends
- #TipTuesday – Answer a customer FAQ or provide helpful tips
- #TechTuesday – Reveal the new technology you’re using for your business
- #TravelTuesday– Work in a travel or tourist related industry? Use this hashtag to promote your business
- #TopicTuesday – Share your thoughts on a popular topic in your industry
Hashtags for Wednesday
- #WellnessWednesday – Provide tips for staying healthy and active
- #WayBackWednesday – Release footage of your first days as a business or before and after photos as mentioned above
- #WisdomWednesday – Share wise words of advice for your followers related to your industry
- #WorkoutWednesday – Show how you’re staying in shape
- #HumpDay – Let your followers know how you’re getting over the mid-week hump with this ubiquitious Wednesday hashtag
Hashtags for Thursday
- #ThrowbackThursday (also known as #tbt) – Share a picture of your business early on
- #ThankfulThursday – Thank someone who’s helped your business, your customers, or tell people what you’re thankful for. Gratitude goes a long way toward building customer loyalty on social media
- #ThursdayThoughts – Ask your followers’ opinions on ideas you have for improving your business
Hashtags for Friday
- #FearlessFriday – What makes you fearless? Tell a story about overcoming challenges related to your business
- #FlashbackFriday – Post an image of your founder as a child or in the early stages of your business
- #FeelGoodFriday – Share happiness, love, and other warm fuzzies using this hashtag
- #FeatureFriday – Feature loyal customers on your account or share consumer-generated content
- #FashionFriday – Showcase how you’re keeping up with the latest style trending
- #FoodieFriday – Show your business’s delicious treats
- #FunnyFriday – Share something funny about your business, customers, or employees
- #FitnessFriday – Display your newest 30-minute workout
- #FollowFriday – Spread the love by featuring another local business and encouraging customers to follow them on social media
- #FridayFun – Encourage your followers to have some fun this weekend, perferably with your business!
Hashtags for Saturday
- #SocialSaturday – Share how you’re interacting with your community through events and promotions
- #ShoutoutSaturday – Give a shoutout to one of your star employees or customers
- #SmallBusinessSaturday – Post a picture of another small business that has helped you along the way or encourage users to shop at small local businesses
- #SalesSaturday – Offer a special discount or deal for your product or services
Hashtags for Sunday
- #SundayFunday – Continue the weekend fun by sharing fun ways to use your business’s products
- #SundayRead – Share one of your recent blog posts
- #StartupSunday – Show how passionate you are about your business
- #SpotlightSunday – Spread the love with spotlighting a loyal customer or evangelist
- #WeekendVibes – Display your happiness for the weekend
These aren’t the only hashtags that you can use for your business. Check out this list of small business hashtags for more inspiration!