June is upon us and we’ve got a new batch of 10 ways to promote your business through creative marketing and blog ideas. Round out the Spring time and welcome the Summer months with these great ideas!
1. Flip a Coin Day
The first day of June is Flip a Coin Day. Coin flipping might not be the most traditional marketing opportunity but with a little creativity, you can turn it into one! The holiday was made to create awareness about math. If math is relevant to your business, then this day is a no-brainer. For other industries, Flip a Coin Day translates into decision making or games of chance. Try out these coin flipping marketing ideas:
- Flip a Coin discount: For each purchase, have customers flip a coin and call heads or tails. If the customer wins, they get a percentage discount based on the value of the coin. Quarter flips = 25% off, Dime flips = 10% off, and Nickel flips = 5%. discount
- Blog about decision-making: Write a blog post about decision making in your industry with titles like:
- “7 Signs You Need to Hire a Contractor”
- “Is This an Emergency? When to Call the Dentist/Doctor/Lawyer”
- “DIY vs. Professional Marketing – What You Can DIY and What You Should Leave to the Pros
2. National Donut Day
As if you needed another reason to love Fridays or donuts, National Donut Day is held on the first Friday in June. This is a great day to shine for bakeries and donut shops. If you’re not in the industry of making round pastries, here are some other ideas:
- Order donuts for your office and post on social media. Aside from being a delicious treat, pictures of donuts and people eating them are great photo opportunity for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Search for relevant # and use them to get your photos found online.
- Buy donuts from a local bakery and give them a shoutout on social media. Make sure to tag them on Facebook and Twitter to increase the organic reach of your post.
- Host an after Donut Day workout at your fitness center. Donuts are delicious but not conducive to marketing a fitness center. Host a post-donut workout class on June 6!
3. Flag Day
Hooray for the red, white, and blue! Flag Day celebrates the commemoration of the United States Flag. Hang those flags and encourage customers to do the same. Participate in local Flag Day events or show off your flag swag on social media.
Related: The Ultimate Summer Marketing Kit
4. Father’s Day
Promote your business through Father’s Day marketing. This is a no brainer for businesses whose customers are men, but other types of businesses can join in the fun. Try out these ideas:
- Father’s Day Gift Guide: Write a blog post with a Father’s Day gift guide with products that you offer or in your industry. Promote the blog post on Pinterest so that it links to your business site.
- Father’s Day Gift Basket or Coupon Book: Put together a Father’s Day gift basket at your business to make it easy for kids and moms to shop for dad. Think outside of the standard tie box with:
- Fitness class package – offer a deal on 10 classes just for Dads
- Gift card for your restaurant with a bottle from a local distillery or winery
- Gift basket of men’s grooming supplies at your spa or salons. Moms who come in to redeem their gift certificates for Mother’s Day massages and manicures will love the one-stop shopping!
- Daddy and Me Workout: Fitness centers and gyms often have Mommy and Me yoga classes, but there’s no reason that you can’t do a Daddy and Me workout class too! Host a dad and child workout or soccer game at your fitness center or invite dads to attend their children’s classes at your martial arts studio!
5. Summer Solstice
Promote your business for the longest day of the summer with extended store hours. The extra hours of daylight mean that you can keep your business open for longer on this one day. Promote your extended hours on social media and, if you can, team up with other local businesses to stay open late. By teaming up with other local businesses, you can create more of a buzz together and encourage your community to shop at local businesses during these extended hours.
6. LGBT Pride Month
Show your Pride in June by letting the local Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender community know that you are one of them and/orsupport them. Use social media to tweet about local Pride events and attend your local Pride parade – hang a rainbow flag, dress up your pets, and show some love for love!
Contact local LGBT community organizations to let them know that you’re a supporter and encourage community members to shop at your LGBT friendly business. Not all businesses are welcoming, so if you are, make it known to both the LGBT community and supporters to encourage people to use or shop at your business.
7. National Safety Month
Safety first always but especially in June. Promote your business through safety during the month by encouraging people to stay safe during the summer as well as in industry-specific situations such as:
- Promote helmet safety for your bike shop or write a blog post on “Helmet Buying Tips for Kids” or “8 Things to Watch Out For When Riding Your Bike on the Open Road”
- Hand out sunscreen samples at your doctor’s office
- Blog about travel safety tips at your travel agency or bed and breakfast
8. Insurance Awareness Day
It’s no hard to figure out who invented Insurance Awareness Day but you don’t have to be an insurance agent to use this day to promote your business.
- Lawyers and accountants can blog about the benefits of insurance for individuals and business owners.
- Doctors and dentists can use this day to encourage patients to check out their insurance coverage to make sure they have adequate coverage or provide tips for connecting with insurance companies about procedures.
- Massage therapists, chiropractors, and fitness centers should encourage clients to check their insurance benefits—many insurance companies offer coverage for massage and chiropractic treatments or subscriber discounts for joining a fitness center or gym.
- Travel agents, bed and breakfasts, and hotels can use this day to blog about the benefits of travel insurance.
9. End of School
School’s out for summer! Promote your business for an influx of children, college students, and families.
- Host an End of School Year sale to clear out old merchandise
- Write a blog featuring things to do in your town during the summer—make sure to include your business in the list
- If your town is quiet in the summer, get involved with a summer school or camp to host events for students and campers
Celebrate the end of the school year with specials geared toward new grads with things like:
- Discounts for graduates with your moving company to encourage new customers to use your company
- Special discounts for graduates who post a picture of themselves at your restaurant wearing their cap and gown
- Sponsor or attend the local high school or college graduation
Try out these ideas and let us know what works for you! Need more blog ideas? Check out our 130 Blog Ideas to Rock Your Business Blog!