July is right around the corner and we have some marketing and blog ideas to heat up your marketing efforts. Don’t just dip your toe in the marketing waters this summer—jump in with some of these great ideas to promote your business!
1. Independence Day (July 4)
The biggest event this month is obviously the 4th of July. Almost any business can get in the spirit and show off their American pride. If you want to be patriotic, some ideas include:
- Holiday discount: Many businesses hold special sales or promotions this time of year. Make sure you promote it as a July 4th special.
- Blog about July 4th: If you run a regular blog on your business website, tie in the holiday to relevant posts. The options are endless depending on your business. Some examples include:
- July 4th Outfit Ideas
- Red, White, and Blue Desserts
- 4th of July Family Friendly Activities
- Firecracker Safety Tips
- Participate in local events: Chances are, there are a ton of events in your community for the 4th of July. Whether it’s a parade or a town center fair, make an appearance and promote your business.
- Show patriotism on social media: Don’t slack online! Keep up your social media accounts and post pictures of your store, employees, or customers celebrating our country.
2. Shark Week
Shark Week is a shark-based programming block for an entire week every summer. Shark Week has begun to be promoted heavily on social media, so get involved with the discussions and get in the summer spirit! Bakeries can sell shark shaped cookies, businesses can throw parties and show Jaws, and restaurants can offer Shark Week specials.
3. International Kissing Day (July 6)
February isn’t the only month for a romantic holiday – International Kissing Day is celebrated in July! Show your customers some love and offer a discount or prize to those who kiss and snap a selfie at your business. Dental offices can also mention this day as a way to promote better oral care—get creative and let us know how you can position this holiday with your business!
Related: The Ultimate Summer Marketing Kit
4. Get to Know Your Customers Day (July 16)
Although you should be making an effort everyday to connect with your customers, there’s a specific day dedicated to doing just that! Also celebrated on January 15, April 16, and October 15, this is a day to engage as much as possible with your customers. It’s important to always show your appreciation to those that consistently support your business.
Increase social media engagement with loyal customers by sharing their posts about your business or spotlighting them as a customer of the week. Make an effort to introduce yourself to customers in store and get to know them on a personal level!
5. National Ice Cream Day (July 19th)
We all scream for ice cream in July! In 1984, former President Ronald Reagan decided July was to be “National Ice Cream Month,” and the third Sunday, which is July 19th this year, to be“National Ice Cream Day.” This holiday is especially great for food establishments. If your business doesn’t sell food, you can still take advantage of the holiday:
- Have an ice cream sundae party at your business and show the fun on social media. Your delicious masterpieces are a perfect photo sharing opportunity. You can also bring in ice cream from a local store and shoutout the business in the pictures you share by tagging them in it. This increases the reach of your post to engage with their customers.
- Host a post ice cream sundae workout at your fitness center the next day (July 20th) to work off those delicious calories.
If your business does sell food, host a sale or promotion on National Ice Cream Day to show your love for the frozen treat. You can also feature special limited edition flavors in honor of the month, or offer exclusive toppings and novelties.
6. National Grilling Month
July is National Grilling Month—summertime isn’t complete without a barbecue! July is a perfect time to host a company get together, grill up some delicacies, and blog or post about it on social media.
Better yet, invite customers to let them meet the people behind your business and get to know the business better from a different perspective. If your store sells grilling supplies, have a sale on the essentials and promote the best grilling practices. You could also give away a gift basket of these essentials or a grill in an Instagram contest.
7. Instagram Contest or Giveaway
Whether you give away a gift card, or product from your store, make sure you advertise the contest as summer themed. Some examples of what to give away include a free personal training session, summer beach bag full of goodies (food or beauty products!), free salon or spa treatment, or a free cake order for July 4th. Use a hashtag in your contest so that it’s easily accessible on social media searches.
8. Traveling Contests
July is a big month for vacations. Many of your customers might be away – but don’t fear, you can utilize this to your advantage.
Either give away a prize or feature customers in a social media post if they travel and snap a picture of your products along the way. Similar to an Instagram contest, this can be advertised over social media and entered in a variety of ways that notifies your account. At the end of the contest, share all the submitted pictures over social media or in a blogpost.
9. Pinterest Board
Make a summer related Pinterest board to market your business with ideas and plans for the season. This lets followers know that your business is in full swing for summer and offers that mindset in store.
- Preschools can pin fun outdoor activities for children or summer themed crafts.
- Fitness centers can pin outdoor exercise tips.
- Salons can share heatless hairstyles that beat the summer humidity and frizz.
- Bakeries can share special summer treats.
10. Hot Weather
It’s no secret that July is a scorcher, so market your products to the heat. People will be looking for handheld fans, hats, water bottles, beach necessities, flip flops, and cold drinks, so this is the best time to stock up on that merchandise!
You can also give away some of these essentials in gift with purchase promotions during the hotter days of the month to lure in more customers from the beach. Additionally, make sure to let customers know you have air conditioning to cool them off during the dog days of summer!